When building an off-road rig, expedition trailer or even a two-wheel-drive show truck, tire choice is an important decision. There are many variables that come into play; potential terrain, daily driveability and road noise are all common factors. While there is no perfect tire for every environment, there are tires that handle most conditions evenly. One tire we’ve been impressed with over the years is Toyo’s Open Country series.
With an aggressive tread pattern, the Open Country tires perform excellent both on and off-road with minimal road noise. As most vehicles are on pavement significantly more than off, road noise is definitely a factor when selecting your next set of rubber. From our experience, 35X12.50R20LT M/T’s on our tow rig pulling a trailer with 285/75/17 M/Ts has minimal noise and the overall on-road performance is impressive! On the trails, the M/T’s perform masterfully!
The Open Country series features:
HIGH TURN-UP, 3-PLY POLYESTER CONSTRUCTION
- Contributes to excellent durability, impact resistance, and handling.
AGGRESSIVE TREAD DESIGN WITH HOOK-SHAPED BLOCKS
- Delivers excellent off-road traction, while maintaining great on-road performance.
OPEN, SCALLOPED SHOULDER BLOCKS
- Improves off-road traction.
- Enhances grip in muddy, sandy, or snowy off-road conditions.
- Ejects mud and snow through the open channels.
- Helps to provide traction in deep mud and snow.
- Delivers improved off-road handling in hard turns.
DEEP SIPING IN THE TREAD BLOCKS
- Helps maintain grip on wet surfaces.
The Open Country’s tread pattern is perfect for shedding water, dirt, mud and rocks out on the trail to keep you always moving forward! So, if you’re looking for a tire that will be a performer on the way to the food court or out on your favorite trail, give the Open Country series a shot!