Looking to rent a teardrop trailer/camper in Georgia? Maple X is perfect for you! Whether you’re looking to head to a campground for a quick weekend getaway or venture off-grid for weeks at a time, Maple X provides the ideal camping experience. (Check here for availability)
Maple X comes fully-loaded with a fridge, stove and even the kitchen sink but there are a few items that you will have to pack yourself.
- Inside of Maple X is an extremely comfortable, queen sized mattress but we ask that you supply your own sheets and take them with you when you return the trailer.
- Have a favorite DVD or game console? The trailer is equipped with a 19-inch LCD TV screen connected to a DVD player with AUX input, so make sure to bring your form of digital entertainment!
- You’ll need something to eat, so make sure you utilize the full galley kitchen out back! The fridge/freezer is ready to be filled with everything you need for your exciting weekend ahead!
- When you’re ready to start cooking, the two burner stove is equipped with a 1-lb propane tank that is included in your rental. Going for a longer journey or doing a lot of cooking? Extra canisters can be purchased at the time of rental to make sure your burner stays lit!
- In addition, we have stocked Maple X’s kitchen with a prep knife, cask iron skillet and spatula to get you started! Need additional cookware? Additional items can be rented at the time of rental, just ask!
- Now that your food is cooked, it’s time to eat! We have included a complete set of dishware for four people including plates, bowls, cups and cutlery.
- After dinner it’s time to clean up. Georgia Soap Company has provided us with with (2) Expedition Georgia travel soaps for each rental. If you really plan on getting dirty, you might want to throw in a bottle of soap with your travel items.
- On top of the trailer is a Yakima roof rack which can accommodate lighter items such as kayaks.
- The rear of the trailer has a two-inch receiver hitch that can accept bike or other cargo racks.
- We have also included a basic First Aid Kit located in a red bag inside the trailer. This will take care of any small cuts you may incur on your journey!
Maple X is a custom-crafted teardrop trailer that has been upgraded to accommodate those who desire an off-the-grid getaway. Maple X is based on a fully-loaded 2017 Little Guy Silver Shadow MAX package which proved to be the perfect platform. Standard features include:
• Queen-sized mattress
• Entertainment center with 19-inch LCD screen and DVD/CD
• 12V/110 Power
• Dual doors
• Sink/Stove combo
• Yeti Cooler
• LED interior and exterior lighting
• USB charging station
• Deep Cycle battery with integrated solar charging
• 2-inch hitch receiver
The extensive Expedition Georgia Maple X upgrade package includes:
• Custom matte brown metallic wrap
• 34-Inch Toyo Open Country RT tires
• 17-inch Fuel Off-Road wheels
• Heavy-duty pitched 3500-lb axle
• Electric brakes
• Yakima roof rack
• M416 oversized fenders
Will My Vehicle Be Able To Tow The Trailer?
How Do I Hook Up The Trailer To My Vehicle?
Connecting the trailer to your vehicle may seem like an easy task, but they’re very important steps that must not be missed for a safe journey.
- First, back your vehicle up until the trailer coupler is above your hitch ball.
- You may need to maneuver the trailer by hand to get it just right.
- Crank the handle until the coupler is resting completely on the ball.
- Close the latch on the trailer and insert the lock into the hole on the latch.
- Shake the coupler up and down to make sure it is seated correctly.
- Remove the pin holding the wheel and remove the wheel.
- Place the wheel under one of the floor panels inside the trailer.
- Take the two trailer chains, cross them under the hitch and attach them to the vehicle.
- Every vehicle is different, but there should be some sort of metal under the rear of the vehicle to attach to.
- Take the remaining metal cable and attach it to one of the same attachment points on the vehicle.
- Plug the 7 Pin trailer harness into your vehicle connection point.
- If you have a vehicle with a four pin connection, the optional adapter will need to be used.
- Perform a light check
- Have someone stand behind the trailer as you activate the following:
- Running Lights
- Turn Signal
- Have someone stand behind the trailer as you activate the following:
Now that your vehicle is attached, we prefer that you leave the trailer connected to your vehicle at all times as it is safer and the most stable connection to your vehicle. If for some reason you need to disconnect the trailer, make sure you keep these important details in mind:
- If the trailer is unhooked from the vehicle, the coupler lock MUST be installed.
- To lock the coupler lock, you must
- Separate the two lock pieces
- Put the yellow ball into the coupler
- Place the U-Bolt over the couple
- Insert the U-Bolt into the holes
- Lock it down tight
- Anytime the trailer is not attached to your vehicle, the wheel chocks MUST be used.
- The rear stabilizers must also be used when the trailer is disconnected from the vehicle.
- Take the rounded end of the rear stabilizer bar
- Place it on the end of the stabilizer underneath the galley
- Crank the stabilizers down on each side
- Rotate sides so one does not become over-extended
- STABILIZERS ARE NOT JACKS, THEY WILL BEND IF — USED AS SUCH
How Do I Use The Stove?
Maple X is equipped with a two-burner propane stove located in the rear. Usage of the stove is simple if you follow these simple steps:
- Remove the red cap on the propane inlet located under the rear of the trailer
- Remove the cap from the green propane tank
- Place the tank on the inlet and turn clockwise until it is hand-tight
- Push, turn and hold the knob on the stove to the “Light” position
- While still holding the knob in, use a lighter or match to light the burner
- Continuing to hold, turn the knob to the High or Low position
- Release the knob
- Repeat for the second burner
- Cook your food!
- After cooking, turn the knob to the OFF position
- REMOVE PROPANE TANK BEFORE YOU MOVE THE TRAILER
What NOT To Do
While our goal is for you to enjoy the rental experience with Maple X, there are a few activities that we ask you not to do. In an effort to prevent any damage to Maple X or harm to its occupants, we have compiled a list of activities that we ask you to refrain from:
- While the trailer is capable of handling some off-pavement travel (i.e., forest service roads), we ask that you not take the trailer on serious off-road trails or anywhere that has potential to damage the trailer.
- Alterations to the trailer in any way are prohibited (i.e., airing down the tires).
- In the event of a flat or low tire, please do not attempt to change or plug the tire. We provide nationwide roadside assistance for any tire issue that may arise.
- Please do not leave the trailer detached from the vehicle and unattended.
- Do not allow anyone to ride in the trailer while the vehicle is in motion.
Always remember, just because the trailer has bigger tires and an aggressive stature, this does not make your vehicle more any more capable. Never exceeds the limits of your vehicle.